About this listing
When the owners first bought this villa in 1993, it was barely recognisable from what it has become today. Today, This villa has been transformed into an incredibly warm and homey villa that resembles a marriage of colonial English and traditional Afrikaans / Dutch heritage.
The villa rental includes a chef, housekeeping, and airport transfer.
This villa is perfect for groups of friends and families.
Bedroom 11 King bed
Bedroom 21 King bed
Bedroom 31 King bed
Bedroom 41 King bed
Bedroom 51 Queen bed
Bedroom 62 Double beds,
The sounds of water from various features around the grounds will transport you to a tranquil hideaway just off Franschhoek’s Main Road. Considering it’s only a block off this road, you’ll be amazed that you can’t see any forms of human habitation from all parts of the garden, swimming pool and outside verandahs.
A marvelously eclectic mix of Victorian, Cape Dutch and Georgian architecture and furniture, as well as numerous pieces from famous South African artists such as Neil Rodger, Gregoire Boonzaier, Edward Wolfe and Dylan Lewis on display, illustrates Brett’s passion for art collecting. He adds, “It’s how I imagined the house would have evolved if the family who built it had lived here forever.”
Step outside onto the spacious, airy patios and marvel at the sights before you. An inviting swimming pool will provide you with a refreshing respite from Franschhoek’s hot summer days and if you were to venture further, you would stumble upon an enchanted, lush garden that could very well be the one from Frances Hodgson Burnett’s “The Secret Garden”. With numerous paths leading to various alcoves, benches and lawns, you’ll be able to disappear for some quiet time, meditation, or even a romantic moment.
Each room has a personality and character of its own, and no two of the antique bedside tables are alike. A live-in chef and butler will provide you with 5-star continental breakfast and world class service, complete with all the luxuries and amenities one would expect from a villa like this.
The villa is also available to be rented out for small scale weddings and photo shoots, the backdrops and gardens providing the perfect setting for either.
The bedroom configuration can be seen below.
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King Size Extra Length Bed, Ensuite bathroom, Heated towel rail, Walk-in dressing room, Television, Safe, Garden Access Outdoor Lounge Area.
- Bedroom 2: Upstairs Queen size bed, Ensuite Bathroom with underfloor
heating, Heated towel rail, Links to Study & TV Room.
- Bedroom 3: Upstairs Two ¾ Beds,Beds can convert to 3 single beds for children, Ensuite bath and shower,Heated towel rails, Walk-in Dressing Room, Television.
- Bedroom 4: Yellow Room King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub and underfloor heating, Heated towel rail, Television and safe.
- Bedroom 5: Blue Room King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower & amp; bathtub and underfloor heating, Heated towel rail, Television, Safe.
- Bedroom 6: Pink Room King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower & amp; bathtub and underfloor heating, Heated towel rail, Television, Safe.
Guests enjoy full access to the complete villa and all of its facilities and amenities:
- 3 x Private garden cottages with double bedrooms and patios
- Spacious open-plan living and dining areas
- Additional lounge area on the upper level
- TV room with flat screen TV, DSTV, DVD and premium TV channels
- Wood-burning fireplace in the main living room
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Grand piano
- Outdoor entertainment area with BBQ/pizza oven
- Large salt-chlorinated swimming pool
- Beautifully landscaped garden with rolling lawns, water features and Koi fish ponds
- Vegetable garden
- Poolside patio with sun loungers
- Covered terrace with fireplace
- Gas BBQ
- Outdoor gas heaters
- On-site private parking
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Espresso maker
- Chef/Villa Manager lives on the Property
- Open bar includes all beverages (excludes French champagne)
- Full day cleaning service (8am-5pm)
- Laundry service
- Fresh linen and towel service
- Hair dryers
- Concierge service
- Wifi (10mbps)
- Control 4 automation music app
- Swimming Pool
- Sun loungers
- View of Mountain
Directions from Cape town:
- Take the N1 North from Cape Town
- Take the R44 Klapmuts / Wellington turn off (Exit 42)
- Turn right and go under the bridge
- At the 2nd set of traffic lights turn left to Franschhoek
- At the T junction turn right
- Carry on straight until you arrive in Franschhoek
- Take the first left after the BP garage into La Cottestr Street
- Take the 2nd right into Dirkie Uys Street.
- Go over the stop street
- The villa is at number 29 Dirkie Uys Street and it is the 2nd house on the left. It is the cream house with the thatch roof.
Other Things to Note
The following services are included in the rates:
- Luxury turndown service
- South African wines included
- Full breakfast
- Airport transfer
- Welcome basket
The following services can be arranged upon request at additional charges:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Butler service